Frequently Asked Questions
We have put together some of the most commonly asked questions about using our service. If you cannot find the answer you need and require help, please use our contact form to get in touch.
To reveal / hide answers, simply click on a question below.
How do I find and order official badged school uniform?
Type your school's name into the Find Your School search box at the top of any page. If your school is using Nationwide School Uniforms its name will appear in the drop-down box. Click on your school's name and you will be taken to a dedicated page containing all the uniform items approved by your school.
Provided you order from that page you can be certain that items willl have the correct school badge applied, if applicable.
Select any required options (colour, size etc) for an item, enter the quantity you require and click the Add to Basket button. You will see the item appear in the Shopping Basket on the right of the page. If you wish to remove an item from your basket, simply click the small red button with the white cross next to the item in the Basket. Alternatively you can go the the View Basket page, tick the Remove box next to the item and then click the Update button. To change quantities for an item, use the View Basket page, enter the revised number for an item and click the Update button.
When you have finished shopping, click the Checkout link from the menu at the top or theCheckout Now button in the Basket. You will then have the choice of signing in as a Returning Customer, Creating a New Account or using the Guest Checkout. We recommend that you create an account as this allows you to view the progress of your order, print past invoices and register to receive our occasional Newsletters containing details of special offers and promotions.
Now proceed through the rest of the checkout process:
- Check the Shipping Address and change / create a new one if necessary.
- Choose whether you wish to collect from our premises or have your items delivered.
- Choose a Payment Method (Only schools may choose to use an official order number).
- Review and Submit Your Order - you must tick the box indicating that you agree to our Terms & Conditions.
- You will then be taken to the secure SagePay payment website. You will see our logo on the first page.
- Make your payment using your chosen payment card.
- You will then be returned to our website at a page that confirms your purchase. You will also receive confirmation via email (assuming you provided a valid email address when you created your account).
- Finally, you may Check Your Order Status in your Account. Note, if you checked out as a Guest an account will not have been created for you.
Provded you have created an account, the next time you visit Nationwide School Uniforms to purchase more uniform you can login to your account using your email address and password.
I've forgotten my account password. How do I retrieve it?
Click on the My Account link at the top right of the page. In the Returning Customer box click the Forgotten Password link. Or just click HERE!
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
We aim to despatch orders within 48 hours (2 working days) of receipt. Please make appropriate allowances for public and bank holidays. Orders for collection are normally ready to collect in 2 working days.
After you have placed your order you are able to track its progress after logging in and going to My Account. Initially the status of your order will be marked as 'Processing'. This means that payment has been received and we have accepted your order.
Other status messages that may be shown include:
- Pending - we are awaiting confirmation of payment.
- Cancelled - you have contacted us to cancel your order.
- Refunded - we have issued a refund on your order.
- Shipped - your order has left our premises and is on its way to you.
- Failed or Denied - there was a problem processing your order or payment. Please contact us immediately.
Whenever the status of your order changes you will receive an email advising you of the new status.
What happens if one of my items is out of stock?
We keep high stock levels of all popular items so the risk of this happening is very small. However, should this situation occur, due to unusually high demand, we will contact you immediately and advise you of an expected order fulfillment date. If that date is not suitable for you we will, of course, allow you to cancel your order or part order and we will refund you appropriately. For more information please refer to the Right to Cancel section of our Delivery and Returns policy.
What do I do if I'm not happy with an item?
We hope, of course, that you will be delighted with all uniform products ordered from Nationwide School Uniforms. We make every effort to ensure that orders despatched are exactly what the customer has specified and made to the highest quality. Please ensure that you follow our Sizing Guide when ordering to minimise the risk of you not being happy due to the fit of an item.
If , despite the above, you are unhappy with an item our Delivery and Returns Policydetails the steps you should take.
Why haven't I received email confirmation of my order?
When you have successfully paid for your order, an email confirming the order is automatically generated and sent to you. If you do not receive this email it is most likely to be for one of the following reasons:
- Your email address was entered incorrectly when you created your acccount or checked out as a guest. If you think this might have been the case you can let us know the correct email address via our contact form and we will update your account records.
- Some email systems and software are very agressive in classifying genuine emails as spam and the confirmation email may have been placed in a Junk mail or Spam folder. If this is the case, please check with your email provider how to mark our email address (email@example.com) as safe so that it does not get filtered out in this way.